“Letting go” is an aspect of healing work, and an important step in using the Law of Attraction (one of my favorite Spiritual Laws), to our benefit.
Sometimes we have it backwards. We think we need to wait for the “new opportunity” to arrive before we release the old one.
We don’t let go until we have the next thing lined up. We want to find the right new house before we are willing to sell the old one. We look for a new job while we still work at the one we dislike, many times people even try to find new relationships before they end the one that isn’t working…
People do this for many many reasons….security, fear, comfort, money…
But we have it backwards!
The Universe is waiting for you to do just the opposite! It’s waiting for you to shift the energy that is keeping you where you don’t want to be, and that shift usually involves LETTING GO. This is the FIRST step in getting our heart’s desires!
Many spiritual teachers and popular books explain The LAW of ATTRACTION, but I find there is one piece to this law that most people don’t explain, and its the gem to help propel the whole process along.
The Law of Attraction says that like attracts like.
In this article, I am going to share with you how to engage the Law of Attraction by applying a very important, step in the manifestation process; LETTING GO.
If you are stuck, miserable in a job or circumstance you dislike, and are trying to attract something new to no avail, one of the reasons that it’s hard is because we are energetically connected to the feelings (and pattern) that we say we want to grow away from.
Step one to attracting something NEW is to first define and LET GO of the old thing that is no longer in alignment with what we say we want. We have to be willing acknowledge and LET GO.
Many people MISS this step….letting go can be hard! Inability to easily let go can be deeply rooted in old childhood patterns. It can be uncomfortable, anxiety producing, and can create insecurity when we already are being pushed to grow and expand beyond our comfort zone.
Yet, to fully engage the Law of Attraction, its helpful to really spend some time FIRST thinking about our circumstance, define the characteristics of it, think about why we may have attracted that particular circumstance, and journal about LETTING GO of it. Are we really ready to let it go?
Reasons people don’t let go:
- they are just not ready
- they are stuck in fear
- they are conditioned to think letting go is sad
- have unhealthy attachments or codependent behaviors
- fear the future
- fear being alone
- lack trust in the Universe or God to provide and guide the way
The following journaling prompts are designed to help you with the process of letting go so that you can show the Universe that your ready using ACTION STEPS that are rooted in TRUST and are ALIGNED with your purpose.
This is how we show the Universe what we really want, that we are serious about getting it and that we are ready for it.
Then, with a little time and patience (or sometimes immediately) the Universe shows up and “rewards” us for our commitment and efforts. The Universe always rewards you when a lesson is learned, when we trust in our path or when we are doing the work that the Universe so desperately needs us to do.
Answer these questions in your journal.
- What circumstance do I want to let go of?
- What are the characteristics of this circumstance?
- Why do I think I attracted this circumstance?
- What other similar circumstances have I attracted just like this one?
- What pattern or thought process or belief do I think is contributing to attracting these circumstances?
- What lessons have I learned from this situation?
- What are the OPPOSITE characteristics to this that I want to attract?
- What are the feelings and qualities of the new situation that I desire?
- What are the feeling and qualities of the situation I am currently in?
- Can I see the differences between the two?
- What do I need to LET go of to make room for my new desires?
- What lessons have I learned from this current situation that I want to let go of?
- What, if anything, is keeping me connected to this situation that I say I don’t want?
- How can I easily let go and move forward?
- Have I created a CLEAR VISION for what I want next? (Read this article on how to make a Vision Board HERE)
- Have I spent time journaling about the exact qualities that I want to attract?
- What action steps am I engaging in each day to ignite the feeling that I say I want more of?
- Do I meditate on those feelings and allow myself to feel them right now?
- What do I need to do to let go of?
- What am I truly ready to release?
- What am I NOT ready to let go of that needs further attention and reflection?
The Universe is cheering for you to let go and move forward!
It is your strongest ally and friend. It needs you and wants you to recognize your special gifts and learn how to use them in this world so that it can bestow onto you all the gifts that are already yours!
I hope these guided journaling prompts help to ignite the inner work of letting go of what is no longer serving you and bring you closer to your heart’s desires and the abundance to follow!
p.s. If you ike this and want more journaling exercise and inspiration, you can Follow my Instagram…