A Vision Board is a Creative + Spiritual tool to help people clarify, attract and manifest their dreams and desires.
A Vision Board is a manifesting tool that can help you to create or recreate the vision you hold for yourself in life, health, relationships, business and any area that you wish to explore or advance. Vision Boards are helpful when you feel confused, stuck, uninspired, burnt out, and unmotivated or also useful when you do feel inspired and want to capture that inspiration and further your clarity and next steps.
The magic of creating a Vision Board helps you in several ways…
- The creation process itself is fun, self-nourishing and inspirational.
- The Board and what it represents ignites the law of attraction. It is infused with your FEELINGS and feelings are the fuel for your manifesting abilities.
When should you make a Vision Board?
A common choice is to make one for the new year, but I prefer to make more frequent, focused vision boards for specific topics. For example, I make Vision Boards for new Business ideas, for my health, for my backyard etc.
Tools you need to make a Vision Board:
- A poster board, foam core or any board you like…any size
- Magazines to sort through
- Inspirational quotes
- Pictures, words, or any print outs you have been collecting
- Glue sticks
- Craft paper, printed paper, colored paper, scraps of paper
- Ribbons, colored tapes, fabric flowers etc
- any other trims that inspire you
Choose your topic…
Before you begin, think about what area of life you crave direction or inspiration or clarity on…
Sometimes the choice is obvious but if not, use your journal to help guide you. Remember you can create a Vision Board for bigger goals, the way you want to feel, material things you desire, a business idea, or to inspire motivation in any area of life. The vision board making process itself serves as a re-evaluation and then redeclaration of your commitments and dreams.
Once you feel clear that you are choosing a topic that needs your attention, you can start looking for images that capture your intention.
1. Begin by leafing through magazines and tear out whatever speaks to you…even if you think you want to create a board around “health”…you may find yourself pulling every picture that relates to travel…like warm beaches, sand, waterfalls…This is your inner voice telling you that the best way to create health is to include water, a vacation, view of the ocean into your life…that those elements are what your soul needs to be healthier, remain healthy, regain health etc…Don’t limit yourself. Use this time to just be creative and pull any pictures you feel led to. As much as I encourage you to choose a topic, let your imagination lead the way…you can always save swipes that don’t make it onto this board…for the next board…
2. After you gather a nice pile of images, start cutting out the words and pictures that into smaller sizes so you can begin to see a theme emerge.
3. Lay out some of the pictures onto your board. I like to choose an image or slogan for the center of my board that is the main feeling or topic I want to capture and manifest. This can be the intention of the board or board theme as well.
4. Begin to tape or glue your board together, and layer on words, images in any way that speaks to you. There is no right or wrong! Just have fun and let yourself enjoy the design and creation process.
5. Let your board dry and choose a spot to place or hang your board where it will have the most impact for you. While the process of making the board has hopefully helped you to get clearer and more excited about what you want, the feelings that looking at the board ignites in you is what will help you to manifest it. Feeing the feelings of having what you want draws it closer to you.
If you created a health board, you may want to put it in the kitchen or on the refrigerator. If you made a business brand vision board you can hang it over your desk. If you made a parenting board or healthy communication board, you might choose your family room etc.
6. Since feelings are what ignites the law of attraction, be sure to write down what feelings your board ignites in you…You can write those feeling on the back or print them and add them to the front of the board.
7. USE YOUR Vision Board TOOL.Stare at it and affirm in your mind and in your journal:
- I easily achieve my goals
- I love feeling clarity about what I want
- I am in alignment with my goals and dreams
- Write out your own affirmations and attach them to your board!
8. Consider making Vision Journals in addition to Vision Boards. Vision Journals capture all the same concepts, you just add them to an art style journal instead. Vision Journals are useful for when you want to add more writing, affirmations, written intentions etc and be able to add to the book or travel with it. I like to use Vision Journals for my business ideas and offerings.
I hope you are feeling inspired to make a Vision Board! Don’t forget to browse my Journaling page to view my Vision Journal and Vision Board Kits with pre-wriiten affirmations, pretty paper, ribbons and other art journaling supplies!
Small Business Coaching and Creative Direction