Recently I made a decision to trust my feelings on something that just hasn’t felt right.
The action step I needed to take was to “not accept an offer that someone was making me that didn’t feel right”.
Although I kept rationalizing it my mind, trying to work it out, and look at it from all the different angles, something just felt off about it. Then yesterday, I received some guidance…
The guidance was to let go of struggle.
Since the situation felt like a struggle all around, I finally knew that I needed to let it go and trust in the outcome, whatever it may be.
I am not good at letting go.
But, I felt deep down this situation was a test, and if I passed the test and let it go, something more suited for me would appear. So I took the leap and let go…Im sharing this post toady to pass on some helpful tips around letting go….
So how do you know when it is time to let go?
The answer I feel right now is to trust your feelings.
Doreen Virtue says to “Trust their validity, even if you don’t understand them or feel certain about what they mean”.
As I reflect back in life, I can see how I have long made decisions using my mind over my heart.
This makes it even harder to trust your feelings.
The heart wants to be heard and followed and when we don’t, we miss out on what could be extraordinary experiences. Plus ignoring our heart can lead to a disconnection from our intuition.
Here are some guided journaling prompts and affirmations to help you to trust your feelings…
- I trust my feelings
- I accept my feelings
- My feelings speak the truth to me
- I listen to my feelings and my heart
- It is easy for me to listen to my heart
- I make time to journal and hear my hearts messages
- I let go of my need to struggle to make decisions or find answers
- Where in your life can you let go of something that feels like a struggle?
- Is trusting your feelings enough or do you constantly search for evidence?
- When have you trusted your feelings and been completely right?
- When have you wished you listened to your feelings more?
- How does it feel when you don’t trust your feelings?
- Do you need rational thinking to make decisions? Are feelings enough to guide you?
- How can you stay in your heart energy and honor its messages?
I hope that these affirmations and guided prompts help you and if you like this and want more guidance on connecting with your heart and intuition, feel free to download my FREE e-guide called “Journaling with your Intuition” for much more on this topic. Get it HERE.
Thank you so much for reading and following along!
This was originally published in 2015 and edited in 2021