A Priority “a thing that is regarded as more important than another.”
If you find yourself feeling frustrated about not having enough time in the day to do what YOU want to do, constantly feeling rushed, deprived of “me time”, and exhausted, then maybe its time to re-evaulate and re-define your priorities!
I wrote these journaling prompts to help you identify what is consuming your precious time and energy and to re-focus on what is actually important to you. When I look back on my life, I wonder how I would have done things differently if I paid more time and attention to thinking about not just my priorities but why they held such a high spot in my mind and life.
I think questioning ourselves about our behaviors is helpful to make sure that our actions and motivation are in alignment with our heart’s true desires. Exploring where our priorities developed from, if they are ours or ones we inherited, and defining them will help us uncover inconsistencies in our lives, especially if we say we want something and our actions do not line up with what we say we want. This is a hot topic and worth exploring so that we can minimize the time we waste, be aware of the excuses we make, and speed up our road to success!
Journal Prompts to help Define + Connect with your Priorities
- What is important to me right now, today?
- If I could do anything today, what would I do? If I could wave a magic wand and have a dream day, what would it look like?
- What do I LOVE to do?
- What areas of my life are out of alignment? Where are my actions and behavior’s not in alignment with what I say I Want? (Examples: You want to “loose” weight, but never seem to go for the daily walk. or you dream of juicing, but haven’t researched juicers or never go to the juice press to get a fresh daily green juice.)
- Aside from family/ kids, what are my top 3-5 priorities?
- Why did I choose these priorities?
- When did I choose them?
- Can I list a few sentences about why I chose these priorities?
- Do I want to keep these things as my priorities or add new ones?
- Which ones feel like they are coming from my heart’s true desires and which ones feel like I am “supposed” to choose them?
- What actions do I do each day that reflect, support and honor my priorities?
- What activities or behaviors do I engage it each day that are NOT aligned with my priorities?
- Is it time to let go of any priorities and redefine new ones?
- What is ONE thing that is taking up my energy that I could finally COMPLETE this week so that I could make space for new things to enter my energy field?
- What are my top 3 goals for this month?
- What are my top 3 goals for this year?
- Do I know how to set goals and priorities and then line up my actions to support them?
- How can I create more time for myself to do the things that I value?
- Do I have a Vision Board or Vision Journal where I define my goals and priorities?
I hope you find these journal reflections useful…Let me know in the comments below!
SHOP for Vision Boards, Journals HERE
SHOP for Journaling and Crafting SUPPLIES HERE
SIGN up for my BLOG and get my FREE e-guide Journaling with your Intuition HERE
Feed Your SOUL GROW your Business