SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia) is my personal health issue.
SVT is when your heart goes into an extremely rapid rate and cannot be controlled with your breath. An SVT needs to be “broken” by a vagal maneuver or through a medication called adenosine which can be administered at the ER. SVT is a lesser known medical condition and can be very scary since episodes are seemingly random. Since I believed that they actually weren’t that random and rather were provoked by stress, food, and more, I decided NOT to go on lifelong heart medication or have ablation, but rather to use integrative treatment options like DIET + Lifestyle to manage my condition. I call the way I chose to manage my condition the Heal SVT Naturally Approach.
As I always say, practicing SVT prevention is a full-time job. Through the years, there have been several changes and new habits that help me to keep my SVT at bay. These are not things that I do once in a while or did for a few months and then stopped. These are the things that have been a consistent part of my everyday daily life for over 7 years now. They are 5 of the things that I believe have had the most impact on my continued health.
The following are 5 lifestyle changes that I made or incorporated at the beginning of my Heal SVT Naturally journey that stuck due to the improvements they made on my overall health and of course, helping me to stay SVT FREE.
- I make a smoothie every single day. It is the first food that I put in my body each morning. My smoothies are loaded with nutrition such as Banana for potassium, cherries which help to balance hormones and assist our bodies to rid ourselves of excess estrogen. I add baby organic spinach, blueberries, almonds or walnuts or almond butter, coconut water and or almond milk, hemp seeds, honey, and green powders like Spirulina and Green Vibrance. Smoothies help you to move your bowels, feed your body and blood a high dose of nutrients first thing in the morning, and start you off with a gluten free protein dense breakfast. Read this article here on How to make an SVT Prevention Smoothie.
- I take Cal Mag Citrate.There are many excellent forms and brands of magnesium out there. This is the one that has been working well for me for years. I take one scoop in one glass of water every day in addition to all my other water that I drink all day. I use this Brand HERE. I also advise using this when you are just not feeling well, feel like an SVT is on the horizon or when you are stressed
3. I Journal.I always liked to journal, but I learned that tuning in to my Intuition is a necessary part of listening to my heartwhich is an essential part of reducing SVT. Since SVT is a heart chakra issue, we want to address any emotional issues that are associated. Journaling is a FREE and fast way to gain inner wisdom on so many areas of life. If you are interested in journaling more or specifically learning to journal to deepen your connection to your intuition.I have a FREE gift for you. Check out my Journaling with your Intuition download HERE. Andstay tuned for my new journal collection and vision journal kits coming very soon as well. I’ll be sure to let you know when those are ready!
- I don’t eat gluten.Removing gluten after learning that I had a gluten sensitivity helped me to heal my gut and begin to ABSORB all of my minerals and nutrients necessary for healthy heart rhythm function. Depletion and Malabsorption are root causes of SVT. My main resource for anyone ith SVT is THE SVT PREVENTION Diet E-guide. My 200 page digital download to help you learn how to restore digestive balance, eliminate gluten, what to eat for SVT and what to avoid, and how to use Dietary self-care for SVT prevention. check it out HERE.
- I stopped eating all processed white sugar. Sugar really is just not good for us. Especially because most of us (and even our children are consuming LOADS of it). But of course, what is life without a sweet treat, so I still have honey, maple syrup, and natural sweeteners on occasion like dark chocolate, ( I LOVE HU Brand HERE). It’s important to learn the difference between natural sugar and processed sugar. I do not eat donuts, muffins, cookies in bags or boxes, sugar for breakfast, etc. Sugar has to GOOOOO to assist with your SVT Prevention.It ROBS your body of essential minerals that your heart desperately needs, JUST TO DIGEST IT. If you have a sugar addiction and who doesn’t… stay tuned for my latest work coming later this year called Self-Care for Emotional Eating. Again, lots of amazing tips for helping you to learn about the dangers of sugar, what your sugar cravings mean and tips to help you overcome this addiction, in The SVT Prevention Diet E-guide. HERE.
I hope these 5 lifestyle changes inspire you to do the same! What are some of the consistent things that you do that you feel are helping you to keep your SVT away?