From my SVT Prevention Kitchen
I love finding ways to make traditional dishes a bit healthier. This gluten free french toast bake is an easy sweet treat for Sunday brunch. Serve with a side of green juice to decrease guilt;) As you know, I need to be gluten free as a part of my SVT prevention plan…So many people are gluten free now for many reasons, so hopefully this will appeal to you for whatever reason you are eating gluten free…
- 8 slices gluten free toast
- 7 organic eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- cinnamon as preferred. I used about 1 teaspoon
- pinch salt
1. Spread coconut oil on bottom of casserole pan so nothing sticks. Layer in the slices of bread. I cut them up a bit so they would all fit. They overlapped just a little.
2. In a mixing bowl, crack 7 eggs, and beat with 1 cup almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
3. Pour the mixture over the bread and allow it to soak into each piece all over.
4. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top, and serve with maple syrup.