A Priority “a thing that is regarded as more important than another.”
If you find yourself feeling frustrated about not having enough time in the day to do what YOU want to do, constantly feeling rushed, deprived of “me time”, and exhausted, then maybe its time to re-evaulate and re-define your priorities!
I wrote some journaling prompts for you below, to help you identify what is consuming your precious time and energy, and to re-focus on what is actually important to you.
When I look back on my life, I wonder how I would have done things differently if only I paid more attention to thinking about not just my priorities as I made decisions, but also spent time on pondering WHY they held such a high position in my mind.
I think that questioning ourselves about our behaviors, and what we choose to spend our precious energy on (and why) is helpful to make sure that our actions and motivation are in alignment with our heart’s true desires.
Exploring where our priorities developed from, if they are ours or ones we inherited, and really defining them, will help us uncover inconsistencies in our lives, especially if we say we want something and then our actions do not line up with what we say we want.
This is a hot topic and worth exploring so that we can minimize the time we waste, be aware of the excuses we make, and speed up the manifestation process.
Journaling Prompts to help you Define + Re-Connect with your Priorities
- What is important to me right now? Today?
- If I could wave a magic wand and have a dream day, what would it look like?
- Aside from family/ kids, what are my top 3-5 priorities?
- Why did I choose these priorities?
- When did I choose them?
- Can I list a few sentences about why I chose these priorities?
- Do I want to keep these things as my priorities or change them or add new ones?
- Do I spend actual time on these priorities?
- Which ones feel like they are coming from my heart’s true desires and which ones feel like I am “supposed” to choose them?
- What actions do I do each day that reflect, support and honor my priorities?
- What areas of my life feel out of alignment with my priorities?
- Where are my actions and behavior’s not in alignment with what I say I want? (Examples: You want to “loose” weight, but never seem to go for the daily walk…or you dream of juicing, but never pull your juicer out of the cabinet or don’t care out time go to the juice press to get a fresh daily green juice.)
- What activities or behaviors do I engage in that are NOT aligned with my priorities?
- Is it time to let go of any old priorities and redefine new ones?
- What is ONE thing that is taking up my energy that I could finally COMPLETE this week so that I could make space for new things to enter my energy field?
- What are my top 3 goals for this month?
- What are my top 3 goals for this year?
- Do I know how to set goals and priorities and then line up my actions to support them?
- How can I create more time for myself to do the things that I value?
- Do I have a Vision Board or Vision Journal that has images of my goals and priorities?
As always, I hope that you find reflecting on your priorities useful…Let me know in the comments below!
If you would like to SHOP for Vision Boards, Journaling tools, and crafting supplies, visit my new Journal shop on etsy HERE
and if you would like to get my FREE e-guide called “Journaling with your Intuition” download it HERE
Thank you so much fore ready!
Originally published in 2018 and edited in 2021